All Career opportunities available with SJ Hamill are listed below. If interested, please submit your resume to Barbie at [email protected].
S.J. Hamill is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of ethnicity, gender, disabilities or any other personal features.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Cost engineering, data entry and refinement of accounting systems
- Tracking productions and forecasting cost and schedule impacts
- Assisting with monthly billings, cash flow projections and correspondence with the engineer and owner
- Field engineering, operations planning, project scheduling and quantity tracking
- Reviewing plans and specifications to determine material procurement
- Working with material suppliers and subcontractors to ensure quality, quantity, and logistical requirements are met
- Producing project submittals for pre-construction, shop drawings, work plans, and ongoing test reports
- Providing support to project manager and superintendent on a daily basis
- Currently possessing a minimum 4 year degree in engineering from an ABET accredited school. Construction management or related degree will be considered.
- 0-3 years in construction, engineering or related field
- Strong working knowledge of computers and experience with Microsoft Office Suite is a must. Primavera scheduling, AutoCAD drafting and HCSS estimating software familiarity is a plus.
- Demonstrated leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and detail-oriented abilities
- Capability of working outside or on the water in variable climates, traversing large active construction sites, and working around and near welding, cutting, grinding, marine vessels, heavy equipment, cranes, dirt, dust, noise and vibrations.
- Ability to lift and or carry 50 lbs.
- Willingness to travel and relocate as required
S. J. Hamill Construction Company, LLC, is looking for an experienced Heavy Civil and Marine Estimator to be part of our innovative team. Our ideal candidate is comfortable working independently with little supervision who is a team builder and role model, highly motivated with a strong work ethic and attention to detail and deadlines. Candidate’s heavy civil and marine estimating experience should be extensive to confidently estimate the projects we regularly pursue.
We are a self-perform and rapidly growing heavy civil and marine contractor based in Charleston, SC specializing in marine construction, pile foundation, support of deep excavation, shafts, underground utilities, outfall structures, shore protection structures, bridges, wharfs, piers, armor stone, excavation, demolition, dike work, specialty structures and marine material transport.
S. J. Hamill Construction Company’s team is its most valuable asset and the major reason for its success. We work on challenging and unique projects at desirable coastal locations. Balancing hard work and a good quality of life is an important value for our employees. Employees are provided the opportunities and challenges to advance their skills and knowledge.
S. J. Hamill Construction Company, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Drug Free and E-Verify
Position/Location: Estimator / Charleston, South Carolina
Salary: Salary Commensurate with experience
Estimator Job Description and Duties:
- Meticulously study the plans and specifications to properly identify all scope and risk items
- Review, interpret, and accurately estimate scope of work as described in the project bid documents, including engineering plans and specifications
- Perform quantity take-offs
- Develop a project schedule and sequence of work
- Assemble bill of quantities and scope package for purchasing
- Contact subcontractors and suppliers for quotations
- Perform scope comparisons to properly evaluate quotations
- Calculate materials, equipment and manpower required for a given project
- Understand bonding and Insurance costs and details
- Perform cost and risk analysis
- Price work items as self-performed work
- Prepare estimates for internal review and for external clients
- Maintain the bid software database
- Attend pre-bid site visits or meetings
- Assemble and coordinate Joint Venture review and estimate comparisons
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- BS degree in Civil Engineering from and accredited institution
- Minimum 7 + years of Marine/Heavy Civil Estimating Experience
- Design build or similar alternative project delivery methods
- Experience estimating marine construction projects
- Knowledgeable of heavy civil and marine construction current practices and regulations
- Proficient with HCSS & Agtek Preferred
- Knowledge of Sage/Timberline Software
- Understanding of Means and Methods of Construction
- Flexibility to effectively deal with changing priorities and timelines through analytical problem- solving
- Able to work independently and in a collaborative team-oriented environment
- Displays superior written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to identify priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance.
- Must be able to work outdoors on various terrains in a wide range of weather conditions.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone